Prep Time: 20 mins | Cooking Time: 8 mins | 4 servings
Low fat | Low GI | Low sugar | Wheat Free
I stole this idea from a café close to my home. You'll love the fresh strawberries which are in season in Spring. it is very quick and easy to make and you can eat well and stay healthy at the same time.
1½ cups rolled oats
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp pepitas
2 tbsp almonds
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 punnet of strawberries, cut into quarters
1 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Coat the oats, nuts and seeds with maple syrup.
3. Lay out on a flat baking sheet lined with baking paper.
4. Place in the middle of the oven and dry roast for approx eight minutes.
5. Turn them regularly with a spoon to prevent them from burning.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside.
7. In a glass dish arrange a layer of strawberries on the bottom, then a layer of the oat and seed mixture, and top with natural yoghurt.
8. Repeat the process again finishing with a few strawberries and oat and seed mixture to garnish.
Feel free to experiment with your favourite seasonal fruit and berries.
Increase the quantities of the muesli ingredients to make a big batch and store in a large airtight container for a few weeks.
Check out more of Judy Davie's recipes at www.thefoodcoach.com.au and be inspired to see that good healthy food can taste great.