Voices of hope - Taking a stand for justice
Interview someone who is a force for good in your community for the 2018 Young Journalist Award, brought to you by Australian Catholics in conjunction with Australian Catholic University.
There are many people in our communities who are working to make the world a better place. Who are the people working to help others, reach out to people on the margins, promote social justice issues and create a better future for everyone?
It might be an inspirational teacher or student at the school. It could be an influential sporting coach. It could be a local politician, or a worker for a community organisation, or someone else who is doing inspiring work for others.
Find a Justice Hero who inspires you, conduct and interview and write up their story for the chance to win cash and great prizes.
Tips for writing your article
Download prize list
SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES (Entries close 25 May)
JUNIOR ENTRIES (Years 5, 6)
INTERMEDIATE ENTRIES (Years 7, 8, 9)
Terms and conditions:
- Articles must be written by individual students - team entries are not accepted. Only one entry per student will be accepted.
- Entries can only be submitted electronically using the above submission forms. Please ensure all details, including teacher contact details, are inlcuded. Please follow the instructions and requirements on the entry forms.
- WORD COUNT: Entries must not exceed 350 words for Junior section (Year 5 and 6) and 500 words for Intermediate section (Year 7, 8 and 9).
- Article must contain a unique, relevant title.
- Closing date for entries is 5pm Friday 25 May 2018. Entries arriving after this date will not be accepted.
- The decision of the judges is final. Winners will be notified via their school before the Spring 2018 edition goes to press.
- Winning stories will be published in the Spring 2018 issue of Australian Catholics. Prizes will be forwarded to the school for distribution.
Good luck with your writing!
Thanks to our major sponsors
And our prize sponsors